Tara K. Tauber
- Personal Injury
- School Law
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- Real Estate
- Commercial and Business Law
- Charles E. Vaughn Award
- 20 Under 40 – Times Media Company
- Rising Star - Indiana Super Lawyers® ‘Rising Star’ edition
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana
- J.D. - 2006
- B.S. - 1997
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Elementary Education
Highland High School
I am a Partner at Tauber Law Offices, and the formation of this law firm has been one of my largest achievements—second only to becoming a mother.
Since adopting a daughter, it is no surprise that adoption has become a large part of my law practice. I take great pride in being able to share the joy of my own experience with others. I handle private adoptions, adoptions from the Department of Child Services, step-parent adoptions, agency adoptions, and adult adoptions. I can easily relate to the needs of adoptive parents, and they appreciate the counsel of one who has gone through the process. I am a strong advocate for adoptive families and, at the same time, I have the utmost respect and admiration for birth mothers.
My practice also consists of Personal Injury, Family and Juvenile Law, School Law, Estate Planning, Probate, Civil Litigation and Real Estate. My teaching background and general love of children drive me to remain focused on preserving the best interests of the children involved in my cases.
I was born in Hammond, Indiana, and graduated in 1993 from Highland High School. In 1997, I graduated magna cum laude from Valparaiso University with a B.S. in Elementary Education. I went on to teach at Washington Elementary in East Chicago and Homan Elementary School in Schererville. After six years of teaching, I gave in to my desire to practice law and attended Valparaiso University School of Law, where I received my J.D. in 2006.
I am admitted to practice law before the the U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, and the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana. I also am a member of the Indiana Bar Association, the Lake County Bar Association, the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, the Indiana School Board Association, the Indiana Council of School Attorneys and the Council of School Attorneys.
Although I lived in Highland for almost 30 years, I now reside in Crown Point, Indiana, with my husband, Doug, daughter, Kennedy and stepdaughter, Caroline. Traveling is one of my favorite past times, and while at home, I can frequently be found outside in my garden. I treasure spending time with my family and making my children smile.
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- Indiana Bar Association, Member
- Lake County Bar Association, Member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Indiana School Board Association, Member
- American Bar Association
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- Council of School Attorneys
- Indiana Council of School Attorneys
Classes & Seminars
- Teacher, Washington Elementary
- Teacher, Homan Elementary School
- Guest Speaker on Adoption Law, Valparaiso University School of Law, 2012 to 2013
- Supervising Attorney for Family Law Practicum, Valparaiso University School of Law, 2013 & 2015
- First Financial Bank
- Town of Highland
- Austgen Electric, Inc.
- Krygier Companies
- Choice Landscaping
- Luke Land, LLC
- DeMonte Capital Corporation
- Englewood Construction Management
- FFC Fencing Co.
- Southshore Storage
- C&L Storage
- K&S Engineers
- Scheffer International Inc.
- US Minerals, Inc.
- Wintrust Commercial Banking
- Schererville Family Dentistry
- B&D Sewer
- Fred Barr Woodworking
- Luke Family of Brands
- County Line Orchard
- Cardiovascular Consultants
- Kali Beauty
- Langel’s Pizza
- Woodworks Design
- Prime Steakhouse
- Albert’s Diamond Jewelers
- Homann Karate
- Hoosier Horton
- JAKS Warehouse
- T.J. Boyle Real Estate
- Martin Mechanical Corp
- Muller Acura
- TTS Granite
- Northwest Oral Surgeons
- Meyers Development
- Ferree Movers
- Certified Driving School
- Station 21
- School Town of Highland
- Lake Station Community Schools
- Washington Elementary in East Chicago and Homan Elementary School in Schererville, Teacher