Industrial Injury Accidents
Working in the steel mills is dangerous. Accidents regularly happen, and most of the time, they are serious. At Tauber Law Offices, we represent workers injured in accidents in the steel mills and plants throughout Northwest Indiana. We are a firm who helps injured workers enforce their rights to medical and wage loss benefits under workers’ compensation. We also represent clients in personal injury and workers’ compensation claims, depending on what or who caused their injury.
In the Gary, East Chicago and Hammond area, our attorneys have pursued – and won – cases in which our clients have suffered severe injuries in accidents like these:
- Explosions leading to serious burns and disfigurement
- Crush injuries causing amputation, including loss of legs, fingers, arms or paralysis
- Electrical explosions
- Slips and falls from ladders or off of machines leading to back injury, neck injury and other injury
- Machines not turned off when being fixed (OSHA rules) causing serious permanent injury
- Exposure to gas chemicals causing permanent lung damage
- Loading dock accidents causing permanent back, shoulder or neck injury
We have also represented families who have lost loved ones in wrongful death claims.
Cases involving industrial accidents can have complicated trails of liability. We will fully investigate every potential cause of the accident, asking questions like these:
- Was a design or manufacture flaw in a piece of equipment a contributor to the accident?
- Was a subcontractor a causal factor in the accident?
- Was it willful disregard of OSHA safety rules that caused the accident?
Depending on the answers to questions like these, we will make a determination whether a client’s case is strictly workers’ compensation, or whether he or she may also have legal basis to file a personal injury claim, which will allow for damages related to pain and suffering.
To discuss your concerns in a confidential meeting with one of our personal injury attorneys, please call our office at 219-865-5555 or contact us by secure email. All personal injury, medical malpractice, wrongful death and workers’ compensation cases are represented on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you pay no attorney’s fees until we win.