Our Porter County attorneys at Tauber Law Offices are committed to providing responsive, caring, and insightful legal counsel on a diverse range of issues.
Our founder, Rhett L. Tauber, and attorneys Kara K. Tauber and Jared R. Tauber have been rated AV Preeminent attorneys by their professional peers for their legal talents and ethical standards. We bring our best to every case because you deserve nothing less.
Practice Areas of Tauber Law Offices
Our family-owned and operated law firm in Porter County, IN treats clients like family. You work directly with an attorney who will design a tailor-made strategy based on your goals.
Personal Injury Lawyers
Life is unpredictable. A serious accident can impact your health, work, and family life. You can be saddled with thousands of dollars in bills, even if you have insurance. If your accident is due to someone else’s negligence or intentional act, you may have grounds to sue for compensation.
Our personal injury lawyers in Porter County can help you recover your losses:
- Asbestos Injuries. Asbestos exposure can lead to serious illnesses, including lung cancer, pleural effusions, mesothelioma, and scarring in the lungs. Building demolition, fabric milling, and chemical manufacturing are among the occupations more susceptible to asbestos injuries.
- Dog Bite Injuries. Dog bites can cause muscle and tendon damage, permanent scarring and disfigurement, and infection. Proper safety measures like fencing and leashes must be used to keep neighbors and visitors safe. By not doing so, the dog’s owner can be held liable for their dog’s actions.
- Medical Malpractice. We put tremendous trust in the medical community. Unfortunately, a medical professional, facility, or manufacturer falls short of their responsibilities. Errors in the operating room, defective medical devices, medication errors, and delayed diagnosis can have devastating, even life-ending, consequences.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents. Collisions on our roadways are among the most common accidents in Porter County. Cars, trucks, motorcycles, and pedestrians are involved in crashes. Injuries can require extensive medical treatment, physical therapy, medication, and more. These costs are coupled with missed income from not being able to work.
- Premises Liability. Commercial and residential property owners must keep their grounds free of hazards that could cause an injury. When a facility isn’t properly maintained, the property owner is negligent. If you slip and fall due to their oversight, the owner can be held liable for your injuries.
- Workplace Injuries. All Porter County employers must carry workers’ compensation insurance to cover costs related to injuries and illnesses contracted at the workplace. Accidents can sometimes be at the hands of a third party. Equipment manufacturers, drivers, clean-up crews, subcontractors, and others not employed by your company can at fault. Our lawyers will fight for your rights through workers’ compensation and third-party lawsuits.
- Wrongful Death. A wrongful death occurs when the death is caused by the “wrongful act or omission of another.” Individuals and other entities such as a company can be held responsible. These tragedies usually occur during an act of negligence, medical malpractice, or a crime. The family and loved ones left behind deserve to be compensated for their loss.
Time is of the essence. Accident victims have only two years from the date of their injury to file a personal injury claim. Don’t lose your opportunity to receive fair compensation. By calling us right away, you ensure you will not miss the filing deadline. We can also better build a legal strategy because evidence and witness testimony can be dulled with time.
Family Law Attorneys
As the name suggests, legal issues in family law can be quite personal and emotional. Family law disputes are also among the most complex. Our family law attorneys can help you navigate through the challenges of a multitude of family law areas.
The residents of Porter County can rely on Tauber Law Offices in the following legal matters:
- Adoption. As an adoptive mother, attorney Tara Tauber can empathize with the excitement, fear, and uncertainty that are often a part of the adoption process. We can help prepare prospective adoptive parents for home studies, background checks, and other legal requirements. Equally important is the compassionate support you will receive along your adoption journey.
- Child Custody. Child custody can be the most contentious aspect when two parents decide to live separately. Indiana law requires the child’s best interests to be the primary factor in determining how child support is allocated. Whether child custody is put in the hands of a judge or negotiated outside of the courtroom, we will vigorously argue for your rights as a parent and what you believe is best for your child.
- Child Support. Porter County parents are expected to share in the costs of raising their children. The state has a Child Support Guidelines formula that directs much of how support amounts are decided. Numerous elements are included in the calculation of support, so you must have effective legal counsel to ensure each component is accurately reflected.
- Divorce. Indiana is a no-fault state but there are residency requirements. The dissolution of a marriage can be complicated: property division, child custody, child support, and spousal support. Our experience enables us to work through every issue no matter how antagonistic and complex the dispute.
- Paternity. Establishing parentage is critical when fathers are seeking visitation rights or mothers are asking for child support. The identities of the parents are presumed when a child is born to a married couple. When parents are unmarried, legal paternity is established through court order or paternity affidavit.
We can provide advice on your options, help you clarify your priorities, and explain your rights and responsibilities. Through every step of the legal process, you will know you have an advocate and legal champion in our Porter County attorneys at Tauber Law Offices.
Commercial Business Law
Many people dream of starting their own business. Our Porter County business attorneys can help you determine what business entity (LLC, S-Corp, Partnership, etc.) is most appropriate for your leadership structure and goals. Our legal acumen can help long after your business formation. Mergers, acquisitions, structure changes, and other business transactions of all sizes can be handled by our adept team.
Taxes, trusts, wills, power of attorney – let ourIndiana estate planning lawyers help you make sense of all the estate planning tools available and determine how your interests and family goals are best safeguarded. You are never too young or too old to think about how to minimize financial and personal consequences through effective estate planning.
Probate or small estate administration is a required legal process for many estates after someone dies. The intricate details and requirements of probate can be overwhelming for those tasked with that responsibility. Tauber Law Offices can shoulder that burden for you.
We will complete the necessary documentation, notifications, and other probate stipulations while ensuring your loved one’s estate is administered according to their wishes. The executor or representative of the estate can also find themselves on the receiving end of a lawsuit if they do not properly conduct their fiduciary obligations.
Buying property is one of the most significant and largest purchases a person makes in their lifetime. There is too much at stake to risk engaging in transactions without legal scrutiny and advice.
Our real estate attorneys can help with the following:
- Preparation and review of purchase agreements
- Dealing with title companies
- Representation at real estate closings and review of closing statements
- Deed preparation
- Preparation of leases
- Representation in foreclosure matters
- Mechanic’s liens
Our real estate attorneys protect our clients in commercial and residential transactions.
Trusted Representation in Porter County for Your Legal Concerns
Our Porter County lawyers take great pride in the care and attention we provide every client. No matter how seemingly simple or complex the case might initially seem, we thoroughly consider every aspect to give our clients the comprehensive counsel they deserve.
Extensive Trial and Negotiation Experience with a History of Success
We Care About You and Helping Solve Your Problems
Work Directly with an Attorney on Your Case
We Treat You Like Family Because We Are One
Full-Service Law Offices Offering Personalized Strategies for Every Case
Two Generations of Attorneys with Over Three Quarters of a Century of Combined Experience