I am a Partner at Tauber Law Offices, and the formation of this law firm has been one of my largest achievements—second only to becoming a mother.
Since adopting a daughter, it is no surprise that adoption has become a large part of my law practice. I take great pride in being able to share the joy of my own experience with others. I handle private adoptions, adoptions from the Department of Child Services, step-parent adoptions, agency adoptions, and adult adoptions. I can easily relate to the needs of adoptive parents, and they appreciate the counsel of one who has gone through the process. I am a strong advocate for adoptive families and, at the same time, I have the utmost respect and admiration for birth mothers.
My practice also consists of Personal Injury, Family and Juvenile Law, School Law, Estate Planning, Probate, Civil Litigation, and Real Estate. My teaching background and general love of children drive me to remain focused on preserving the best interests of the children involved in my cases.
I was born in Hammond, Indiana, and graduated in 1993 from Highland High School. In 1997, I graduated magna cum laude from Valparaiso University with a B.S. in Elementary Education. I went on to teach at Washington Elementary in East Chicago and Homan Elementary School in Schererville. After six years of teaching, I gave in to my desire to practice law and attended Valparaiso University School of Law, where I received my J.D. in 2006.
I am admitted to practice law before the U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, and the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana. I also am a member of the Indiana Bar Association, the Lake County Bar Association, the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, the Indiana School Board Association, the Indiana Council of School Attorneys, and the Council of School Attorneys.
Although I lived in Highland for almost 30 years, I now reside in Crown Point, Indiana, with my husband, Doug, daughter, Kennedy, and stepdaughter, Caroline. Traveling is one of my favorite past times, and while at home, I can frequently be found outside in my garden. I treasure spending time with my family and making my children smile.
- 20 Under 40 – Times Media Company (2012)
- Rising Star – Indiana Super Lawyers® ‘Rising Star’ edition (2014)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rating (2015)
- Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum Recipient (2017)
- Best Family Law Attorney – Times Media Company Best of the Region (2020)
- A Best Family Law Attorney – Times Media Company Best of the Region (2021)
- A Best Personal Attorney – Times Media Company Best of the Region (2021)
- Up and Coming Woman in Law Finalist– Influential Women of Northwest Indiana (2021)
- American Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Lake County Bar Association
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Indiana School Board Association
- Indiana Council of School Attorneys
- Council of School Attorneys
- Lake Station Community Schools
- School Town of Highland
- Delgo Development, LLC
- TOMKAR LLC
- K&S Engineers
- Schererville Family Dentistry
- Alberts Diamond Jewelers
- Langel’s Pizza
- Meyer’s Premier Properties