Schererville Truck Accident Attorneys
Helping You Recover After a Semi-Truck Accident in Indiana
All types of traffic accidents can cause dangerous injuries, but semi-truck accidents tend to hold the greatest potential to harm drivers or passengers—especially those in smaller vehicles. The average semi-trailer truck is much longer and exponentially heavier than the average car, which can lead to catastrophic injuries and deaths. In fact, truck accidents are perhaps the most dangerous type of motor vehicle collision there is.
Tauber Law Offices has more than three quarters of a century of collective experience handling truck accident cases. Our Schererville truck accident lawyers treat clients with respect and compassion—just like family. You can trust us to explore the circumstances of the accident, review the actions of both the truck driver and their employer, and help you prepare a claim that provides for all of your financial and health needs, both current and ongoing.
To learn more, contact us today to set up your free case evaluation.
Common Truck Accident Causes
Factors that often lead to truck accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
- Driving while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
- Improper truck maintenance
- Improperly loaded cargo that causes a spill or for the truck to lose balance
- Insufficient driver training
- Mechanical defects
- Poor or unfamiliar weather conditions
- Poorly designed or maintained highways and roads
- Reckless driving, such as speeding
- Unfamiliar roads and terrain
After a truck accident occurs, the first thing you should do is secure medical attention for yourself and/or anyone else who has been injured. Once an ambulance has been called to the scene, if necessary, remain on the scene long enough to be interviewed by traffic police if your health allows it. Finally, contact an experienced truck accident lawyer to learn about your legal options.
How Truck Accidents Differ From Car Crashes
Our lawyers understand how to represent your truck accident claim to maximize the amount of your settlement or award. We understand that the legal dynamics of a semi-truck accident case are more complex than most car accident cases.
- Truck accidents often involve multiple vehicles, which complicates determining who was at fault.
- The driver of the truck could be a company employee or a self-employed contractor, which can complicate the matter of which party is legally liable for damages.
- The company the truck driver works for may require the driver to drive too many hours per day, in violation of state and federal regulations. This can lead to a claim in which the driver’s employer is at fault rather than or in addition to the driver.
- Trucking companies are required to keep driver logs and other records related to the operation of their fleet. This evidence must be verified and reviewed as the lawsuit is prepared.
- The trucker’s insurance company will hire experienced attorneys to defend their client’s actions and blame the accident on you. Let our attorneys fight for the damages that can help you recover your health and standard of living.
Trust Tauber Law For The Results You Need
Our team demonstrates its zeal for resolving difficult cases through our membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. We work with personal injury clients on a contingency fee basis, so if we do not recover compensation for you, you owe us nothing in legal fees.
Call (219) 247-6790 or message us to set up an introductory appointment today. We work with clients throughout Northwest Indiana and Northeast Illinois from our offices in Schererville.